Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Line pan w/ parchment paper
- Mash bananas in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Whisk in melted butter, then brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Place baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder in a sifter or fine-mesh strainer and sift over wet ingredients.
- Stir dry and wet ingredients with a spoon until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 60-70 minutes, until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out batter-free. (A melted chocolate chip smear is expected, however.)
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and invert it out onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Original source: https://smittenkitchen.com/2014/03/double-chocolate-banana-bread/