Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 chicken thighs (with skin and bone)
- 4 sticks of carrots
- 1 stalks of celery - finely chopped
- 2 yellow onions
- Garlic cloves
- Bay leaves
- Fresh thyme
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- Fresh dill
- 1 thing of chicken stock - homemade is best
Makes 4-6 servings.
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs.
- Cook the chicken thighs in the dutch oven with some olive oil. You want to get some good color on the thighs. Flipping every ~7 minutes for ~20 minutes total. 1 Take the chicken out and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Put the chopped carrots, celery, onions, garlic cloves, and bay leaves into the dutch oven and cook in the chicken fat.
- Cook until softened, but not browned.
- Remove skin, and cut up the chicken into bits. Discard skin. Keep bones.
- Add in chicken + bones, stock, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Try and season it to taste. Remember it may still reduce.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Then add in the egg noodles. Cook for ~10 minutes.
Based on: https://food52.com/recipes/16501-grandpas-chicken-noodle-soup-from-scratch