Grilled Saffron Rack of Lamb
- 2 racks of lamb (3–3 1/2 lb. total), rib bones frenched
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup plain 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, finely crumbled
- Season lamb with salt and pepper and place each rack of lamb in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon zest, and saffron in a small bowl and divide between bags.
- Seal bags, pressing out excess air; turn to coat. Refrigerate lamb overnight.
- Prepare grill for medium-high, indirect heat. For a gas grill, leave 1 burner turned off.
- Remove lamb from marinade and wipe off excess.
- Place lamb over direct heat and cook, turning and moving to cooler part of grill as needed to avoid flare-ups, until browned all over, 8–10 minutes.
- Move lamb to cooler part of grill. Cover grill and cook lamb, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 125° for medium-rare, about 15 minutes longer.
Let lamb rest 10 minutes. Cut into individual chops.