Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 1/2 cup packed basil, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, rough chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, rough minced
- 1 T sambal
- 2 T Dijon
- 2 T fish sauce
- 3 T apricot preserves (or any other)
- 1 cup rice bran or canola oil
- 2 pounds or 16-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
Also for skewers:
- Bell Peppers
- Red onion
- Puree all but the shrimp in the blender until combined.
- Marinade the shrimp and vegetables for at least 30 minutes.
- Then just skewer the shrimp and vegetables separately.
- The vegetables will take about 15 minutes to cook on the grill.
- Turn a few times.
- The shrimp will cook pretty fast, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Serve w/ Coconut Rice
Original Source: https://stephanieizard.com/recipes/simple-grilled-shrimp/