- Frozen puff pastry - (The original calls for homemade, but thats too much work)
- 1 pound ground beef
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups crème fraîche
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 345°F
- Brown the meat in a pan over a medium heat, add the seasoning and some water.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes until the water has almost reduced into the meat again.
- As the meat is cooking, mix all of the ingredients for the topping together in a separate bowl.
- Transfer the cooked meat to a casserole pan, and spread it out in an even layer.
- Continue by spreading a layer of topping over the meat.
- Put puff pastry layer on top
- Place the pie in the oven for 35–45 minutes or until golden and crisp around the edges.
- Let it sit for a bit and cool before serving.
Original source: https://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/taco-quiche-tacopaj