- 1 chicken carcass - at least one, but more is more
- 2 large carrot (6–8 oz.), scrubbed, halved
- 2 large yellow onions, unpeeled, halved
- 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
- 1” piece ginger, unpeeled, halved
- Handful of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- Combine chicken bones, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, bay leaves, and peppercorns in Instant Pot.
- Add 3 quarts of water.
- Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes, then release pressure manually.
- Use tongs to pull out solids, and put in compost.
- Strain stock through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.
Do Ahead: Stock can be made 4 days ahead. Cover and chill, or freeze up to 6 months.
Based on https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/instant-pot-chicken-stock