Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey - to taste. It should be sweet.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons of apricot (or mango-apricot or peach) preserves
- 1.5 tbsp garlic gojuchang
- 1.5 tbsp original gojuchang - (prefer Mother in laws brand for both)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for ~2 hours to reduce.
Notes: This makes enough sauce for 1+ rack of ribs. And it’s not really Korean.
Original BBQ sauce source: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sticky-baked-chicken-wings