- 3 pounds pork shoulder/butt with bone cut out
- It’s way easier to buy this bone out, than trying to debone a pork shoulder
- Marinate ingredients - Eileen TODO
- Glaze ingredients - Eileen TODO
- Cut into 1 inch stick slices against the grain
- Marinade for 4-24 hours
- Preheat smoker to 225
- Smoke for ~50 minutes - DON’T THROW OUT THE MARINADE
- Baste with reserved marinade
- Smoke at 350 until 140 internal temp
- Baste with honey liquid
- Smoke at 400 until >195 internal temp - It is not too fast, and they get some bark on edges.
- Maybe flip at some point, the bottom gets more heat than the top at this point.
- Let rest for >10 minutes
- Slice on a diagnonal into thin strips.
- There will be smaller and larger pieces of meat
- When smoking at low temps, the smaller pieces and larger pieces should be pretty even in temps
- When smoking at higher temps, the smaller pieces will come to temp much faster than the larger pieces
- Take the internal temp of each piece individually before pulling from the grill.
- Ususally come off the smoker in three batches: small, medium, and larger sized cuts
- The smaller cuts will be crispier around the edges and delicious, and the larger cuts will be more succulent
- Total cooking time for the thick slices was about 140 minutes, the thinner ones about 30 minutes less.
Originally based on this youtube video