- Rack of Ribs - St. Louis preferred
- Yellow Mustard
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice per rack
- Cover ribs bone side up with yellow mustard. The mustard is just a binder and doesn’t have any impact on the final flavor of the ribs.
- Cover in rub on bone side up first. Let set for 15 minutes.
- Flip over to the same to the other side.
- Wait for the 30 minutes, and preheat the grill.
- Smoke at 180 degrees for 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees
- Remove from grill and wrap in heavy duty foil with pads of butter, brown sugar, honey, and 1/2 cup apple juice. Crimp the edges of the aluminum foil so that it forms a very tight pouch.
- Cook it for 2.5 hours. This will steam it, and make it super tender.
- Unwrap the ribs, glaze with sauce, and crank oven to 475 for 20 minutes or until glaze is good.
- Meat Church Honey Hog
- Meat Church Holy Gospel
- Aloha Spice Company - Aloha Pork+Chicken BBQ Rub
- St. Louis Rub?
- Eileen’s homemade Korean BBQ Sauce
- Bone sucking sauce
- Used Pineapple juice once with the Hawaiian Rub instead of apple juice
- Want to try glazing on the smoker
- I’ve done the steaming at lower temps, and for shorter. This works best for me. I like them tender.
- Don’t worry about monitoring temp. Maybe test to make sure that they are probe tender, but a probe will poke a hole in the foil.
- Do at least 2 racks at a time, try three next time
- Originally based on Traeger’s 3-2-1-baby-back-ribs