- 12oz egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- ~1.2 pounds ribeye steak - get a nice one
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 2 yellow onion thinly diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2.5 cups beef stock - double strength using fancy concentrate stuff from jar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Dijon Mustard - never included, but Eileen wants to try it.
- Grill ribeye using standard technique and let it rest.
- Eileen likes it less salty, so try and scrub off extra salt. Bouillon already has salt as well.
- Make the double strength beef stock
- Cook the pasta to one minute shy of the directions on the box.
- Add two tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and onions, and brown for 4-5 minutes before stirring.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes to get a good deep browned color.
- Add the last part of the butter and the flour whisking well, cooking the flour for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef stock and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and whisk until smooth.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens, then add in the sour cream and pasta.
- While the sauce is thickening slice the steak into 1/4 inch thick slices against the grain.
- Coat the pasta well then add in the sliced steak just before serving.
Pairs well with Peas and Carrots
Original source: https://dinnerthendessert.com/easy-tender-beef-stroganoff/