Enchiladas with Chile Verde
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 1 Onion
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- Flour tortillas
- Mexican cheese blend
- Chile Verde Sauce
- Sour cream
- Poach chicken thighs with 1 chopped onion, garlic, and salt for 25 minutes.
- Drain and let chicken cool
- Shred chicken and discard bones
- Heat tortillas in microwave, and then cover in a dish towel to keep them warm.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup salsa verde into a casserole pan, and spread around
- Roll some of the shredded chicken mix into each tortilla with a few tablespoons of salsa verde and place it seam-side down in the pan, nestling each one against the last.
- Ladle salsa verde over top of rolled tortillas and sprinkle with some shredded cheese
- Transfer to oven and bake at 350°F until sauce bubbles and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Dot with sour cream, sprinkle with remaining cheese, then serve immediately.
Original Source: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018153-chicken-enchiladas-with-salsa-verde