BBQ Ribs - Instant Pot
- 1 rack St. Louis Style Spareribs (~3 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
Dry rub(Sized for 1 rack):
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp each: salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the dry rub
- If it exists, remove the lining from the bottom side of the ribs. A butter knife between the bone and the lining works best.
- Generously coat the ribs with the dry rub
- Put the liquid ingredients and grate in the bottom of the pressure cooker
- Put the ribs into the pressure cooker
- Turn the pressure cooker on High for ~34 minutes (this is fall off the bone tender, reduce time as needed)
- 10 minutes of natural pressure release
- Release the rest of the pressure
- Carefully place the ribs on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet meat side up. The meat may be falling off the bone.
- Dump most of the sauce on top, but save some for serving on the side.
- Broil in the oven for a few minutes to carmelize. Watch carefully. Don’t let it burn.
Pairs pretty well w/ Coconut Rice
Notes: Our pressure cooker can handle two racks at a time. Each rack is enough to serve two people.
Original Source: https://iwashyoudry.com/instant-pot-baby-back-pork-ribs/